Monday, December 23, 2013

My first green juice!

Good afternoon!I hope you guys are doing well...I just wanted to quickly share an experience (and personal challenge) that I've recently come across! My parents were kind enough to give me a MagicBullet system as a Christmas present yesterday, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! In addition, they gave me various kinds of produce, so that I could start experimenting with green juice recipes. I love you guys! <3 

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not really a salad kind of girl. In my mind, it is, and probably always will be, on the level of "rabbit food". (My brother and I used to have rabbits as pets, and we would actually feed them salad mix from time to time!) So, any chance to get some veggies in, have it taste good, and NOT have it in a salad is good in my book! That's where the Magic Bullet comes in. Now, I can blend up a green juice as I get ready in the morning, and drink it rather than a cup of coffee.

So, I've decided to try something new. I'm going to do my best to have a green juice every day for at least the next week, and see how my body feels! I'll be posting the recipes here, and letting you know my thoughts on them. Once I've gotten a recipe down to where I'd like, I'll even give the juice a name!

Here's the recipe for my Day 1 juice:

3 ribs of dino kale
7 raspberries
7 blueberries
7 blackberries
3 tbsp honey
1 cup of distilled water

I added the ingredients to the Magic Bullet tall cup, and blended until the mixture was fairly smooth.



My thoughts? I loved it! I was so excited to make this juice, that I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients before I blended them. The kale has a pretty strong flavor and smell, and the fruit wasn't enough to completely mask it, but I don't mind that. I may put in 2 ribs of kale though, just to see if that helps. I'm going to try a different fruit combo in the morning - I'm excited! Live life, and eat (and drink) well!

No comments:

Post a Comment