Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 2: Hit or miss?

Good evening and merry Christmas Eve y'all! I hope you guys are as excited for tomorrow as I am. I may have gotten my presents already, but I couldn't be more grateful for the people and blessings God has placed in my life. So I look forward to celebrating the real reason for the season, the birth of Christ, even though I'll have to work.

For today's juice, I wanted to make something easy and a little sweeter than yesterday's juice. I was also interested in trying blueberries and peaches together. Side note: fresh berries keep horribly, so from now on I'll be buying frozen ones for juicing. 



Here's the recipe for today's juice:

2 ribs of Dino kale
Handful of blueberries
Half of a can of peaches, drained (or 1 large ripe peach)
1.5 cups of distilled water

I blended all of the ingredients together in the tall Magic Bullet cup until fairly smooth.



Here are my thoughts: 

1.) I honestly wasn't really a fan of this juice - it was way more sour than I'd anticipated, so I know I'll have to add honey to the mix next time.

2.) I didn't really like the fact that the peaches tasted canned in the mix...next time, I'll try a fresh (or frozen) peach, and see how it tastes.

Overall, it was a miss today. *Kanye shrug* it happens! Hopefully the mix will be better tomorrow. Good night, live life and eat well!


No comments:

Post a Comment