Saturday, December 28, 2013

Breakfast smoothie

Good morning all, and happy Saturday! I hope your weekend has started off on a good note. I know that I didn't post yesterday, so I'll be doing two posts today to compensate for that. I hope that you guys like them!

The recipe this morning is a little different, in that it includes spinach (rather than kale) and a banana. Usually, I can't stand the taste of bananas, but I know that they are very nutritious, so I need to somehow get around that. This recipe is great for breakfast, and is one I have named my NanaBerry smoothie (working title, don't judge me!). If you guys have a suggestion for a better name, let me know!


Here are the ingredients:

Handful of spinach 
1/2 of a ripe banana
1/2 cup mixed (frozen) berries
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup distilled water



I'd gotten a little too excited, and drank half of it before taking the picture. My overall feeling on this smoothie is that it's delicious! The spinach has a much less imposing flavor, so the fruit is able to shine through. In addition, this drink is helping with a headache that I woke up with this morning! I'm very happy with the results, but I'm going to keep working with the kale - I'm determined to make it work! Remember to live life, and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment