Monday, July 8, 2013

Saucy Little Jewels

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope all is going well for you guys. As the weekend winds down, and we prepare for another work (or school) week, I thought I'd give you all an easy recipe that can be used for a quick breakfast during the week. I'm still going along with the blueberry theme, and this week's recipe is...mini blueberry muffins!

For me, tomorrow starts my second week of training at my new job with GlaxoSmithKline, and the past week has taught me three things. First of all, I have a lot to learn in the next two weeks, but I also have very supportive team members and resources to get answers to my questions. Secondly, I can be a morning person if I put my mind to it (anyone who knows me knows that morning isn't usually my favorite time of day). Lastly, I have to plan ahead with my meals, because I don't have the energy to make anything elaborate after work, nor the time to do it in the morning. These muffins will make my mornings easier, because I can make them on a Sunday and refrigerate/freeze them to eat later in the week. They're easy to make, and delicious and great for kids (the blueberry juice makes the muffins swirled with blue!)


Mini blueberry muffins (makes 24)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp canola oil
1 egg
1 cup Greek yogurt (or a 7 oz container)
1/2 cup milk 
1 cup blueberries

1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two mini muffin pans with non-stick spray, and place muffin cups in the spaces (optional).

2.) Mix the dry ingredients (first 5) together in a large mixing bowl. Form a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.

3.) Mix the egg, Greek yogurt, milk, and oil in a separate bowl (or measuring cup). Add to the dry ingredients, along with the lemon zest.

4.) Mix the blueberries with 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, then add to the mixture and fold everything together. The batter should be thick and still have lumps in it.

5.) Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, then bake the muffins for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inthe middle comes out clean. Allow for the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before serving, or completely if you plan to refrigerate or freeze them.


This recipe comes together pretty quickly, and I hope you guys give it a try!! Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a comment!! Remember, live life and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment