Friday, July 19, 2013

My Italian One-Pan Chicken

Another work week has ended! Huzzah!! Lol! Change seems to be the key word for my life right now - I just graduated from Johns Hopkins University in May, and now have a bachelor's degree in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (it's a bit of a mouthful!). My dream is to own a Michelin-star rated restaurant, but I am realizing that my path to get to that dream isn't, and won't be, the conventional one. That's fine with me - I love challenges!! While I figure out my life plan, I hope that you all will continue to view and use the recipes I post here; don't forget, I want to see your comments, questions, and requests here!! (So far, no one has left a comment, but hopefully that will change soon.) Anyway, here's a random, but tasty, recipe: Italian One-Pan Chicken!

This recipe is perfect for summer. It is light, easy, and fairly quick to make - since I came up with this recipe myself, there isn't really any history behind it. I made this recipe for a coworker, and in the process realized that it's a perfect weeknight entree for warmer months - with some pasta or rice, this will satisfy hunger without causing any drowsiness.


Italian One-Pan Chicken

2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 lemons, quartered and seeded
1 yellow onion, cut into 6 wedges
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with a little non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place the chicken thighs, lemons, and onion wedges on the baking sheet; keep in mind that this doesn't need to be specifically arranged - the lemons and onions are there to simply flavor the chicken.

3. Drizzle the white wine and olive oil over the mixture, then sprinkle on the seasonings. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Enjoy!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the finished product - next time I make it, I'll update this post. Remember, live life and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment