Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sweet potato biscuits

Hello all! As promised, I have another dessert recipe for you guys! Even though the holiday season has passed, I still love working with sweet potatoes & came up with this recipe one night when I realized I didn't have the ingredients for a pie. Thank goodness this worked better than I expected!!

They turned out really well, and remind me of the biscuits that the English's Chicken restaurant in my hometown (hey Salisbury!) makes. These are not the same, but they do fill the craving that I often get for those biscuits. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!

1 29-oz. can of sweet potatoes
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks cold butter, cubed

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet, then set aside.
2. Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl & stir well to combine.
3. Making sure that the butter is cold, cut it into the dry mix with a pastry cutter, 2 forks, or your hands.
4. Drain the sweet potatoes, then add them to the mixture and mix well.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1/4" thick, then cut out the biscuits using the cookie cutter of your choice; place them on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Place the biscuits in the oven and bake them until they are golden brown around the edges, about 15-30 minutes (depending on their size). Allow them to cool slightly before serving.

I love these biscuits so much, and they can be served in several ways. My favorites? I can eat them all day with a little cinnamon sugar compound butter! I hope you try this recipe, and let me know how it turns out! Remember, live life and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment